This is my first blog. I have always been very intimidated to use technology however the more I use it the easier it becomes. Here is a photo of a project I have been working on. It is going to be a:
Felted/Embroidered Landscape
I dyed raw wool and felted it between screens (from screendoors) and used dishsoap with boiling water from a kettle. I am inspired by the landscape photo my friend, and fellow teacher, Tanya Veinot-Frowd gave me. The piece began as a part of a felting workshop with students. I am using embroidery stitches and sequins to embellish and add detail/Spirit to the scene. Let's see how it progresses!
Stay tuned for more upcoming blogs on textiles....

Wow, look at the work you put into that wool... I just bought mine already done for me. Your image to felt and your felted work look great. Can't wait to see it.
ReplyDeleteHOORAY for Julie! I am so darned proud of your blogging efforts. This is truly an exciting thing to see! I hope you'll find blogging a useful tool in teaching? Someplace to store your class work? And to share with other teachers? So exciting to see!
ReplyDeleteCathy, I actually really enjoyed blogging, and I keep taking pictures of things on my phone and iPad that I would like to appear on my blog…. but then the reality of uploading them onto my computer is so daunting because every time I transfer the pics it transfers every single pic on the device and then I have doubles and quadruples of pictures on my hard drive. Then I have to select and move them into Picassa web album but they are not titled and only appear as numbers so it is very hard to find the various pictures you want to upload. Once they are on the Picassa web album I found it easy to stick them to my blog, but getting them to Picassa is a huge headache. If I could learn a better way then I think I would like to keep blogging for sure…..
ReplyDelete